Firstly about Sue's progress, its a month now since her Hip replacement Surgery. Today we went and picked up some odds and ends from our local Garden centre, Sue decided to forego her Crutches for a pair of walking sticks, she managed quite well although she had a little pain by the time we had finished. She takes very little in the way of Painkillers now, so she had to take a couple of Paracetamol in the car afterwards.
She goes to the Hospital next week for the X Ray on the Arm fracture, which 4 weeks ago had still not properly healed, here's hoping it has healed now so that we can get a better, more enjoyable year this year.
As part of our preparation for a good summer season for us both (we hope) we decided to try to find a way of taking our Motorbikes to some of our Club rallies and meets which are scattered all over the country. The obvious choice is of course a Camper Van or Motorhome with a two bike trailer attached. Only one small problem!!!!! is that of Money ££££'s. To buy a half decent Camper costs at least £2,500 pounds but it doesn't stop there, £175 per annum Road Tax, £185 pa Insurance, Servicing costs, Fuel, tyres etc etc, all on our small pension and disability, not I'm afraid a feasible proposition. So back to the drawing board then. Our Car has a tow bar fitted for towing the folding Trailer tent, so that was a start. We spent ages looking through Tent brochures and magazines but nothing really fitted the bill. Main problems with Tents are that you generally have to sleep on the floor (or close) as well as the difficulty of erecting a large tent and worse still scratching about putting in lots of tent Pegs. So more head scratching, then a fortnight ago i folded down all the seats in the car to pick up an Office style Cabinet for a neighbor, to fit this in the back i had to crawl in the rear of the car and pull it forward, while doing so i realised that the back is competely flat (seats folded) and well over 6ft in length. That then was the start of a rethink about maybe sleeping in the back of the car. We went out and bought a very dense piece of Foam 4" thick to exactly fit the rear. The next problem was where to put my machine (Oxygen concentrator) and of course the Porta loo (Its our age you know). We were actually looking at a Toilet Tent when we came aross this, the "Movelite Square" drive away awning tent. Its got just two fibre glass poles right across the top to set it up and just 8 pegs to hold it down, ideal. The dimensins are 2.5 mtrs(nearly 8ft) high by 240 cm Square (7ft 6"), ideal.Its title is a Movelite Drive away Awning, as it is totally free standing and has a sheet that folds over the top of the car, being held in place by 4 draw strings, the attached photo's will explain better. The new price for these were a bit high at close to £200 so off to "e bay" and "Preloved"we went where we found this one, used twice complete with ground sheet and inner tent, the really nice Fella named Joe let it go to us for just £80 a real snip.
Jobs now, got to sort out blinds for the windows etc, then beg, borrow or steal a trailer for the bikes and were away.
Seen here attached to a "Range Rover".
This picture is looking in through the open rear door, with the groundsheet in.
This picture (below) shows the open doors, there are 4, all with flyscreens.
All shut up ready to drive the vehicle away.
Movelite Brochure here http://outdoorsrus.co.uk/Motorhome-Awnings/Outdoor-Revolution-Movelite-Drive-Away-Awning-with-Inner-Tent.html
We will keep any one still watching this post, up to scratch on developments as they happen.
Joke of the day.
1. Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.
2. Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.
3. Law of Probability -The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act
4. Law of Random Numbers - If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers.
5. Law of the Alibi - If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the very next morning you will have a flat tire.
6. Variation Law - If you change queues, or traffic lanes, the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now -works every time.
7. Law of the Bath - When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.
8. Law of Close Encounters -The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.
9. Law of the Result - When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will.
10. Law of Biomechanics - The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.
11.. Law of the Theater or stadium- At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle, always arrive last. They are the ones who will leave their seats several times to go for food, beer, or the toilet and who leave early before the end of the performance or the game is over. The folks in the aisle seats come early, never move once, have long gangly legs or big bellies, and stay to the bitter end of the performance. The aisle people also are very surly folk.
12. The Coffee Law - As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, someone will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
13. Murphy's Law of Lockers - If there are only two people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.
14. Law of Physical Surfaces - The chances of toast spread with jam landing face down on a floor, are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug.
15. Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about. Could have been written for this forum!
16. Brown's Law of Physical Appearance - If the clothes fit, they're ugly.
17. Oliver's Law of Public Speaking - A closed mouth gathers no feet.
18. Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.
19. Doctors' Law - If you don't feel well, make an appointment to go to the doctor, by the time you get there you'll feel better. But don't make an appointment, and you'll stay sick.